Thursday, April 25, 2013

Go Gokarna ! - Episode 1

A long missed break ,mounting pressure from a unfinished story  ,I was all getting worked up .
A bit of  scratch on my head followed by a search , decided to Go , Gokarna .A quick  booking and boarding  a Volvo Bus , I was there at around 7 am  to watch this amazing sunrise .


Gokarna is a   slow paced temple town along side the shores of Arabian Sea  extending the shores to some beautiful beaches till Honnavar .I chose Om beach and had made a booking for the stay before I left .With a quick ride from bus station , in a  tuk-tuk for 150 bucks and  7 to 8 min ride I could hear the roars from  shores .


As I Entered   Om beach I was greeted by a sign post ,that I was actually looking for , " Namste cafe " and even more warmer greeting,  by the Reception in charge Eshwar .Once the room was ready Eshwar showed me way to my room . I got ready quick ,got on to job , that I had come for ;) . 
                              Armed with 3 P's , pencil paper and pad , I panned through the cafe for the right spot .I chose the center of the broadly v  shaped open edge area of the cafe , under a tree.A perfect vantage point for my advantage :) .I could see the beach line , the rocks and the horizon . 





"  Sir Masala Chai , Strong .And here is your honey "  came a voice from behind .
I started to pen down the story line  refueling myself with tea after every scene .
The tea-sea-scenes cycle continued ,until I wrote THE END on page 30 after 5 days . 


I was relived that finally the story was complete I decided to work on my another assignment.
It was assignment to Sketch a character for one of the Kannada Commercial Movie , which is scheduled to start post June .The people and the place helped me get the visualisation of that character in 2 days .I was contended  made some interesting friends from Australia France and England . Finally I check ticked the check-boxes in itinerary ,   Visit to temple and  Hike  .


A quick hike  from Om Beach  ,through Kudle beach ,I reached Gokarna in 30 minutes .After seeking belssings from Lord Mahabaleshwar for all my futre endeavours ,I decided to head back to banagalore .This time around I wanted to try out Konkan route on Konkan Railways .

      And events that happened in that Journey between Gokarna to Kundapur would make an entry as one of the unforgettable journeys of my life . So far ! 

[ To be continued in Go Konkan ! - Episode 2 ]


10 comments:

ajith iyengar said...

good, keep it going

ajith iyengar said...

good, keep it going

ArunSachi said...

thanks AJ :)

luv2sharemypassions said...

Awesome pics. Arun!! Looks like you finally had "me" time. It's always great to pen down your inner thoughts. I would luv to read your story.

ArunSachi said...

:) U bet ! ... the "me " time was so relaxing , now in a couple of days , its gonna be "we" time as my buddies n me are heading there again ... this time around for bit adventure n relaxation too ...

sandeep said...

interesting...!!
waiting for part II...

BTW nice pics...
The picture of 3 P's looks like a great thinking brain at work...!

ArunSachi said...

Thanks sandeep . Part two was fun! Will share soon :-) , as far as 3PS.... Its gonna be a book or movie if I.find a producer. Keep a tab on this space!

yogi said...

super sir :-) ....good pictures. all the best

yogi said...

super sir :-) all the best :-)

ArunSachi said...

hey thanks Yogi

 
Web Statistics