Monday, November 2, 2009

Airtel Delhi Half marathon 2009


With all the anticipation and excitement ,my marathon started a before .Getting the bib itself was like a marathon as the Bib was issued at Saket . So Chuggy( Vivek Chugh : One my Best friends here in Noida ) and me left for Saket .After taking 2 hrs to reach saket and hour and half waiting for the Bib/goodies bag we headed back to Noida , which took another two hour .Huh !

I got Up early with renewed excitement and enthusiasm at 5am and was all set .
People were already swarming up with Zeal and Zest that this "Dilwalon ka sheher " is known for. There were about 8900 and odd participants in the half marathon category . I was glad to be one.
 The race started at 7.30 but by the time I crossed the start line it was 7.37.There was so much of crowd.
The thing that I liked most about the Marathon was , that there were people cheering us all through out the route . There were all sorts of bands and dance groups cheering up on either sides of the track for almost every 500m . Just imagine .. u get to hear Pop /Rock desi/Punjabi/dance ..etc etc ..there we Dhol being drummed ..Oh it was just amazing !With kids cheering up... Some senior citizens singing Saare Jahan Se accha to cheer ! Bhayya Daudo Daudo ...! and so much more..
All the joy and excitement in my mind suddenly came to halt when I felt a pricking pain in my right knee .I knew what was in store for me . There was engine with Full fuel , but the wheels running out of air. Air tel Delhi Half Marathon was over leaving me with a bad Knee pain after the run . Here are some statistics and updates about my run . I clocked more than 3 hrs to make it to the finish line . Thanks to my knees which stopped supporting me after the 11km mark . I struggled every step ...with natural progression of walking , limping and stretching . Finally I made it . on the elite runners front ,Ethiopians ruled the roost with top honors in both men and woman's section. Deriba Merga successfully defended his title, clocking a time of 59:54 minutes.World champion Mary Keitany won the woman's race by crossing the finish line and setting a new course record of 66:54. So much energy and stamina. Need to wok on that!

3 comments:

Deepak Venkatesan said...

The new hairstyle looks cool :)

ArunSachi said...

hey deepu ..thanks ! :)

ArunSachi said...

hey deepu ..thanks ! :)

 
Web Statistics